Cindy Ledbetter, P.M.H.N.P.-BC
Cindy is a nurse practitioner who specializes in mental health. She has over 30 years of medical, business, and administrative experience. She has managed both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, has worked in retail management and has had ownership of a small manufacturing firm and a restaurant. Cindy has both written and received paychecks, understanding the challenges of the small business owner, the large corporation, and the consumer.
Cindy is also active in her local community. In 2015 she worked as a team leader with a local non-profit organization to raise community awareness to opiate overdose. Her work as a team leader led to Vanderburgh and Warrick County first responders and police officers carrying the life-saving medication Narcan. Cindy also traveled to San Antonio, Texas, in 2016 as part of a research team to decrease the mental health population of the Vanderburgh County Jail. Her jail diversion efforts lead to the development of the local Evansville Mental Health Commission. Cindy was elected to the Warrick County Council in 2018 and the Indiana House of Representatives in 2020.
On a personal level, Cindy grew up very poor and began supporting herself at the age of 15. She put herself through college as a single parent and has benefited from government services such as food stamps. Pell and state grants helped to pay for her associate’s degree in nursing. A government grant program even cosigned the loan on the first home Cindy bought. She was able to overcome adversity with a helping hand up, and now Cindy is passionate about being able to give back. Residing in Newburgh, Indiana, she is married and has a blended family with four adult children.
Cindy wants to take her personal history, business knowledge, and experience in local government and put it to work for you at the state level. She is a very dedicated hard worker who wants to bring positive change to our region. Cindy is a fiscal conservative. In 2020 she was endorsed by the NRA, Right to Life, and the Indiana State Police Alliance.
- Ivy Tech State College ADN 1999
- University of Southern Indiana, BSN 2011,
- University of Southern Indiana MSN/Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner 2013
- University of Southern Indiana Doctorate of Nursing Program 2020- present
Licensure & Certifications
- Registered Nurse Licensure Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois
- Advanced Practiced Nurse Licensure state of Indiana
- Board Certification: ANCC
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Girl Scout Leader, Raintree Girl Scout Council 2001
- Cardiac Education Committee, St. Mary’s Medical Center 2001
- Indiana Pressure Ulcer Initiative Committee- Vibrant Home Health 2007
- Indiana State Nurses Association – 1999 – Present
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association 2012 – Present
- Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses (CAPNI), Indiana 2013 – present
- Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment (CAJE) of Evansville, Board Member, Team Leader Mental Health Research 2014- 2016
- The Izaak Walton League Of America, Evansville Chapter 2015 – Present
- American Legion Auxiliary Kapperman Post 44- Historian 2017, Recording Secretary 2018, Executive Board/Legislative Chairman 2019
- Newburgh Pool Pals 2018 -2020
- Warrick County Council, elected term 2019-2022
- SWIRCA Board of Directors 2019-present
- Warrick County Community Corrections Advisory Board 2019-2020
- Kaiser Community Advisory Board 2021- present